At Altum, we build industry-leading SaaS applications for grants and research management and our mission is to revolutionize research to benefit humanity. Our customers fund and conduct research that leads to treatments, cures and products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology enables them to accelerate and improve research efforts and increase transparency into outcomes from award to publication and beyond. We’re an innovator and an established leader in our space with a lot of runway ahead of us.
Altum is looking for an experienced Director of Sales to drive sales for our cloud-based products and solutions to the research industry. This position reports to Steve Pinchotti, CEO of Altum.
As our Sales leader, you will conduct sales and lead a team of Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives responsible for selling Altum solutions. You will be part of a dynamic and growing team focused on driving excellence across the research industry. The Director of Sales is a critical position responsible for hiring, managing, and mentoring a team that call upon thousands of research funders and research institutions globally. Creativity, energy, drive, and the ability to hire, manage and support a diverse team is critical to your success.
What You’ll Do
- Hire and manage a team of A-players to create and drive business into new and existing accounts
- Modernize and scale our sales processes
- Meet/exceed pipeline generation and revenue targets set for you and the team
- Provide strategic guidance related to key opportunities and complete sales cycles
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business, IT, and C-level executives
- Develop and maintain accurate sales forecast and pipeline management processes
- Review and approve pricing and proposals
- Report and maintain timely and thorough notes pertaining to opportunities via Altum’s Salesforce CRM implementation
- Align sales strategy with corporate vision and marketing plan
- Collaborate with sales engineering, marketing, and product management to constantly improve our product and our message
- Work with an amazing team across the US and India that believes in working collaboratively to solve challenges and revolutionize the research industry
- Be willing to travel 50%+, post-pandemic
- 3 – 5 years managing teams selling enterprise SaaS software in early-stage, high growth environments
- Embraces and demonstrates alignment with Altum corporate values of Vision, Innovation and Pace
- Previous commercial experience selling into Non-profit, Higher Ed, and Government organizations
- Experience selling to SMB and enterprise customers
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated understanding of enterprise software sales cycles and associated strategies and tactics
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, professional, confident, flexible, and results-driven
- Proactive and energetic approach, flexible
- Willing to travel as required
Nice to Have
- Understanding of Grants/Research management people, processes, and technology a plus
- Proven success using Solution Selling Methodologies
- Techniques to influence requirements and the sales cycle timeline
- Effective time management & multi-tasking skills
- History of leadership roles, professional or nonprofessional
Altum’s headquarters is in Reston, VA.
Altum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
For consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
1801 Robert Fulton Drive, Suite 450
Reston, VA 20191