The job is full-time and based in our Reston, VA headquarters, although we are open this role being a more virtual , telecommuting position.
We have an immediate opening for a dynamic sales professional to join our growing sales force. The Sales Development Representative will lead new client acquisition in the Research Funder and Institution markets.
We’re looking for people that are passionate about the research industry and want to work with over 100 research funders in seven countries. Our ProposalCentral platform is the leading Cloud-based grants management platform for reserach funders. We’re paving the way for our customers to take advantage of advancements in the areas of open science and research analytics. Our mission is to revolutionize the research industry and we’re looking for talented individuals that want to make a difference.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of B2B consultative sales experience focused on generating and developing sales leads for Cloud-based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms.
Required skills include prospecting, lead follow up/nurturing, relationship building, and mastery of the consultative sales process.
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for driving prospecting and lead generation activities to build the sales pipeline for the sales organization. The Sales Development Representative will utilize cold calling, email, and 2.0 social selling techniques to conduct high-level discovery calls with prospects to generate and qualify leads for the outside sales team. The Sales Development Representative will be responsible for driving growth for Altum’s ProposalCentral platform: https://proposalcentral.com.
- Daily outbound calls to target leads (60+ calls)
- Qualify all sales leads based upon specific qualification criteria
- Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Altum’s technology and product platform – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers
- Contribute to sales meetings and management of the sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, customer relationship management software maintenance and data entry)
- Use social selling tools to target and engage accounts and prospects
- Track all sales activities using HubSpot CRM and Salesforce CRM
- Reach daily targets for dials, conversations, and appointments
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales targets
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years of B2B sales experience Cloud/SaaS products required)
- Ability to understand and successfully promote technical offerings and solutions
- Proven track record of successfully generating qualified meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced telesales and prospecting skills
- A willingness and ability to spend 75% of the workday on the phone
What’s in it for you?
- Career path to outside sales
- Fast-paced work environment in rapidly growing, global industry
- Provide input into product roadmap which will impact the Research industry
- Fun and collaborative culture
- Work with a top-tier team to advance your skills
This position is eligible for employee referral program.
Altum is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com
1801 Robert Fulton Drive, Suite 450
Reston, VA 20191