The job is full-time and based in our Reston, VA headquarters.
We are seeking a Client Support Analyst with a business analyst mindset to join Altum’s Support Team for webbased grants management software. The software is used primarily by not-for-profit grant makers to manage their entire grants management process.
We’re looking for people that are passionate about the research industry and want to work with over 100 research funders in seven countries. Our ProposalCentral platform is the leading Cloud-based grants management platform for reserach funders. We’re paving the way for our customers to take advantage of advancements in the areas of open science and research analytics. Our mission is to revolutionize the research industry and we’re looking for talented individuals that want to make a difference.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for inbound client inquiries and product assistance requests.
- Completes onboarding activities for new clients including product configuration and detailed training.
- Communicates clear, precise, and accurate information both verbally and in writing and is honest, consistent, and tactful in client communications.
- Coordinates with internal technical and product management staff.
- Determines different points of escalation (to different teams) to resolve client issues as applicable.
- Troubleshoots software functionality, defects, data issues and user problems and works with the technical team, as needed, to test new software and enhancements.
- Assists with the development of user guides, tip sheets, and various end-user documentation.
- Assists with the communication of release announcements and software upgrade schedules.
It is important to note that:
We assist our clients with grant management activities.
We are not a call center, nor are we a technical support desk; we resolve bigger problems for our clients. We are not providing technical software support; this is client support with functional software experience.
- Ability to approach a problem from a variety of perspectives and develop different methods to solving it.
- Independent and analytical thinker.
- Self-starter with good collaboration skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and balance multiple client requests.
- Client-service focused; able to work effectively with clients of varying skill levels and proficiencies.
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills; experience communicating software features and solutions in education materials and/or training sessions is a plus.
- 3 + years in client support or vendor management.
- Knowledge of grants management software or experience working with a shared software platform.
- Prior phone or hotline client support experience and managing difficult clients.
- Conceptual understanding of business process workflows.
This position is eligible for employee referral program.
EEO Employer: Race, Gender, Veteran, Disabled.
For consideration, send your resume to email@example.com
1801 Robert Fulton Drive, Suite 450
Reston, VA 20191